BALG RULES - Please read them!

So essentially, don’t be an asshole, don’t be annoying a hell, and no free readings unless you’ve been active for 3 months. Simple rules, easy to follow.

12 Likes

Yup, that about sums it up! :wink: :thumbsup:

8 Likes

agreed.

5 Likes

Oh my Demon… Im kinda scared to type anything on the forum.

5 Likes

you shouldnt be. as long as youre respectful towards users, you should be fine :slight_smile:

10 Likes

DON’T BE!! :hamster:

The rules are to make sure people have a voice, and aren’t drowned out by abuse, insults, or attacks on their character, nor by spammers, scammers, preachers, threats, or malicious derailment intended to dilute their topic into unreadbility, and waste their time defending their Will or their methods.

Each one was only brought in to address things that were seen and known to have caused problems, and these have been kept to an absolute minimum to address known issues. Note that there are NO rules to police whether people may reply on very old topics, or begin new ones, rules other forums have which, personally, give me the willies! :koala:

Where there’s a problem, in most cases it’s possible to resolve it with a little judicious topic-splitting, and a conversation via PM, and mods always strive to do this - also, there is an appeals process, and all details of any moderation action that limits a member’s posting rights (bans, suspensions, Trust Level locks) and all associated material always gets logged in the Staff section, for maximum transparency.

So, mods and admins here never just wake up in a bad mood and decide to break the entire system by kicking someone off the forum, that would require a level of drooling idiotic pettiness unbefitting to Living Gods such as ourselves! :smile_cat:

11 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Introduce Yourself To Members Of The Forum

Read & Agree

4 Likes

What do you mean by DEAD HORSES?

3 Likes

I will obey and follow these rules they are very good rules to follow I agree to them

3 Likes

Ancient threads where someone said something widely considered dumb, and people first try to argue, later the thread just degenerates into random shitposting. :+1:

That happened a lot from before moderation was brought in, and posts that were either intentionally bait, or just totally off-topic, were slightly more common.

5 Likes

Thank you my brother for helping me understand something I was not familiar with thank you

4 Likes

You’re welcome! :+1:

3 Likes

Just giving these a timely little bump - they’re as pared-down as possible, added ONLY for things that caused problems often enough to require a rule be set out in black and white, and they matter, because they help keep this forum running smoothly and without big flamewars and similar dramatic nonsense.

So anyone who hasn’t read them yet, please get to the first post, give 'em one good read, then you’re not going to run into any problems. :+1:

Cheers!! :smiley:

9 Likes

I will do my best to not screw up,this foorum is way too valuebale a resourse to get kicked out of for me, it is like a living Encyclopedia for occult progress.

7 Likes

Read and understood! :sunny:

8 Likes

These rules will not be a problem at all. But why does everyone post “bump”? Does that mean someone just did some blow? Im half-joking btw. But i seriously don’t know what it means. My pursuits have been largely solitary and im not very seasoned to the electronic forum.

3 Likes

A bump is done to boost a topic back to the top of the list.

Probably someone giving a nice reminder of the rules in this case.

But on other threads its probably to hear more thoughts and or experiences from others but it’s fallin to the bottom so it gets “bumped” back up.

11 Likes

Ok i can dig that. Thank you. Much appreciated

6 Likes

What’s a dead horse? People post pics of dead horses?

3 Likes